Dr. Manash Ranjan Sahoo did his MBBS in 1990 from S.C.B Medical College as the BEST SURGICAL GRADUATE WITH UNIVERSITY GOLD MEDAL securing highest marks in Surgery amongst all Medical Colleges of the State.
Completed Post Graduation in Surgery from S.C.B Medical College, Cuttack in 1994 and was adjudged BEST SURGICAL POST GRADUATE WITH UNIVERSITY GOLD MEDAL.
Did his FELLOWSHIP IN SURGICAL GASTROENTEROLOGY in Sri Ramachandra
Medical College & Research Institute in Chennai for a period of One Year [1998
CONTRIBUTION IN HPB SURGERY:-
Performing open and Laparoscopic Drainage procedures for Pancreatic Stones, open and Laparoscopic Distal Pancreatectomy, Laparoscopic cystogastrostomy for Pseoudocyst of Pancreas, doing Whipples Procedure since 1998, doing open and Laparoscopic CBD exploration and Biliary Diversion procedures like Choledochoduodenostomy and Hepaticojejunostomy both open and Laparoscopically,open and laparoscopic management of Liver Hydatid Cysts, Single incision Laparoscopic Procedure for Gall Stone Disease(SILS).
CURRENT POSITION HELD:-
Associate Professor Surgery in S.C.B Medical College, Cuttack, Odisha.
Currently working as Associate Professor in Dept of Surgery at S C B Medical College, Cuttack, Odisha, India.
· Presently working as EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER from East zone in the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI).
· EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER from East Zone in IHPBA (Indian Chapter of International Hepato Pancreatico Biliary Association).
· Governing Council Member in Association of Surgeons of India.
· Examiner to various reputed universities..
1.Started Laparoscopic Surgery Journey in 1999 with basic procedures like Gall
Bladder & Appendix.
2. In the Year 2005 Started Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery with Laparoscopic
Surgery for different Types of Hernias (Ventral,Groin and Hiatal) Laparoscopic
Surgery for Peptic Ulcer…
3. In 2007 started Laparoscopic Rectal Procedures like Laparoscopic Rectopexy
for Rectal prolapse…
4. in 2009 started Laparoscopic Colorectal Procedures for Colorectal Malignancy
like Laparoscopic APR, Laparoscopic LAR, Right and Left Hemicolectomies…
5. In 2010 for the first time in Odisha started Laparoscopic Splenectomy & Single
Incision Surgery for Gall Bladder and Appendix using standard laparoscopic
instruments and thereby making High Tech Surgery affordable to Poor man of
6. In 2010 he did the First Laparoscopic Thyroid Surgry through axilla in Odisha
one of the few in the Country which was highly appreciated in various
Laparoscopic Forum. In early 2012 for the first time in Odisha he did Natural
Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES) Laparoscopic Transvaginal
Appendectomy (Removing Appendix through Vagina). Apart from Laparoscopic
Surgery he does Therapeutic Endoscopic Procedures including ERCP…
7. In 2011 for the first time in Odisha did the Laparoscopic Pancreatic Surgery for
Pancreatic Stones the procedure which got him the BEST INNOVATION AWARD
in the 10th Biennial Congress of Indian Association of Gastrointestinal
Endosurgeons held in Ahmedabad and the BEST PAPER AWARD in Endosurge in
All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi making him one of the few
surgeons in the Country doing Laparoscopic Pancreatic Surgery.
8. In 2012 Odisha experienced a new era in Minimal Access Surgery in the form of NOTES (Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery, where in Laparoscopic Transvaginal Appendectomy (Removing Appendix through Vagina) was done,which got accepted to SAGES VIDEO LIBRARY.
9. In 2013 had the opportunity of presenting ORAL / VIDEO podium presentation in Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) conference at Baltimore,USA from April 17-20th 2013 on Laparoscopic LPJ for chronic calcific pancreatitis for the first time for a surgeon from East zone.
10. In 2013 my video on NOTES (Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery) TRANSVAGINAL APPENDECTOMY was accepted to SAGES video library and Laparoscopic LPJ for chronic calcific pancreatitis was accepted in to SAGES University CME..
11. In 2014 my paper on Rendezvous Technique & SILS Cholecystectomy with standard laparoscopic Instruments accepted for Oral Presentation in International Hepato Pancreato Biliary World Congress to be held in Seoul. South Korea from March 22nd to 27th.
12. In 2015 had the opportunity of presenting two papers in 1st Hernia World Conference in Milan,Italy.
13. In 2015 had the opportunity of Robotic Surgery in Singapore.
Apart from these also performed Therapeutic Endoscopic Procedures Including ERCP.
· ERCP stone extraction and CBD Stenting.
· Does all routine open surgery procedures.
· Does Therapeutic Upper GI and Lower GI Procedures.
The best part is he has done all these Advanced Laparoscopic Procedures and ERCP in
S.C.B Medical College Hospital in Cuttack making it believable that Advanced
Laparoscopic Surgery is feasible in Government Medical College Hospital at a very
affordable cost for the benefit of poor people of our State there by progressing to achieve
his vision of MAS FOR MASSES i.e. Minimal Acces Surgery for Common man..
The Journey Continues ……………………….
By presenting the Advanced Laparoscopic Work in different National Conferences
made Odisha heard in the National Laparoscopic Surgery Scene, taken lot of efforts
to make leaders of Laparoscopic Surgery in India feel that Odisha is doing good work
in Laparoscopic Surgery.
Through his hard effort Dept.of Surgery of S.C.B Medical College was accredited as
TRAINING CENTRE FOR LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY by INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF
GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSURGEONS the Apex body of Laparoscopic Surgery in India
which is one amongst TEN in the whole country a great pride for the state of Odisha.
PERFORMING LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY :- SINCE 1999
PROCEDURES PERFORMED :-
Basic Laparoscopic Procedures :
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy and Appendectomy
Advanced Laparoscopic Procedures :
Laparoscopic Hernia Repairs for Groin,Ventral and Hiatal
Laparoscopic CBD Exploration
Laparoscopic Upper GI Procedures-Laparoscopic Vagotomy & stapler GJ,
Laparoscopic Colorectal Procedures: Laparoscopic LAR, APR, Right and
Left Hemicolectomy and Laparoscopic Rectopexy.
Laparoscopic Solid Organ Surgery : Laparoscopic Splenectomy and
Laparoscopic Pancreatic Surgery for Pancreatic Stones (LAPAROSCOPIC
LPJ) and Pancreatic Pseudocyst (LAPAROSCOPIC CYSTOGASTROSTOMY),
Laparoscopic Liver Hydatid Cyst excision.
Single incision Surgery for Gall Bladder and Appendix.
Transvaginal Appendectomy (NOTES)
Transaxillary Endoscopic Hemithyroidectomy
Minimal Invasive Procedure for Hemorrhoids.
ERCP stone extraction and CBD Stenting.
Subfascial Endoscopic Perforator Surgery (SEPS).
Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment(VAAFT).
NATIONAL LEVEL APPRECIATION:-
1. Honorary Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (FALS) in recently
concluded IAGES 2012 in Ahmedabad.
2. Best Innovation Award in Laparoscopic Surgery in IAGES 2012.
3. Got the Best Paper Award in 6th AIIMS Surgical Week.
4. Palanivelu Gold Medal for Best Video in 7th International Congress of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
INTERNATIONAL LEVEL APPRECIATION:-
1.Paper on Laparoscopic Longitudinal Pancreatico Jejunostomy was presented and appreciated in Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons Confernce at Baltimore,Maryland, USA.
2. Went to Seoul, South Korea from March 22nd to 27th 2014 to present two Oral Papers & two Posters in 11th World Congress of International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association.One Paper was presented in the Plenary Oral Session which was also awarded 500 USD as Prize Money for Travel Grant.
3. In 2015 had the opportunity of presenting two papers in 1st Hernia World Conference in Milan,Italy.
4. In 2015 had the opportunity of Robotic Surgery in Singapore.
5. Presented Papers on Laparoscopic Management of Pancreatic Tail Pseudocyst in International Association of Pancreatology congress at Shanghai which won him ” YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD” and 1000USD as Prize Money.
ATTACHMENT TO NATIONAL ASSOCIATION :-
1. Presently working as EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER from East Zone in
Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India(AMASI)
2. Executive Committe Member of Indian Chapter of International Hepato Pancreatico Biliary Association.
3. Governing Council Member of Association of Surgeons of India
4. Examiner to various universities
MEMBERSHIP TO SURGICAL ASSOCIATIONS :-
Association of Surgeons of India.
Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons.
Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology.
International Hepato Pancreatico Biliary Association (IHPBA).
Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India.
Member if Indian Association of Endocrine Surgeons.
Member of SAGES (SOCIETY OF AMERICAN GASTROINTESTINAL
Member of AHPBA (AMERICAS HEPATOPANCREATICO BILIARY ASSOCIATION)
Member of Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgery in USA
International Member of International Chapter of Hepato Pancreatico Biliary Association.
Dr.Manash Ranjan Sahoo
Associate Professor Surgery
Course Coordinator IAGES Accredited AdvancedLaparoscoic Surgery Training Centre
S.C.B Medical College,Cuttack,Odisha,India.
Executive Comittee Member Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
Executive Committee Member Indian Chapter of International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association
Governing Council Member of Association of Surgeons of India
International Member of Society of American Gastro Intestinal Endoscopic Surgeons(SAGES)
International Member of International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association